There are a staggering number of people who are not content with the state of their teeth and who would like to improve their smile. Fortunately, there are a number of different procedures that address less[-]than[-]ideal smiles. Perhaps the most popular of these procedures is dental veneers.
The Purpose behind Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are used for a variety of different reasons. Sometimes people use veneers in order to address or minimize the gap between their teeth. In other circumstances, veneers become a solution for teeth that lack uniformity in either length or shape. Here are some additional correctional purposes of dental veneers:
- Dental veneers correct teeth that have been significantly discolored as a result of root canals or substantial dental fillings.
- Dental veneers can address the irregularities found in worn-down teeth.
- Dental veneers provide uniformity to teeth that have been chipped, broken or damaged.
Analyzing the Process of Becoming Equipped With Veneers
- Consult Your Dentist. In order to become equipped with dental veneers, you will first need to consult your dentist. When meeting with your dentist, you should discuss the results you would like to achieve from dental veneers. At this point, your dentist ought to be quite honest with you about whether or not dental veneers are a viable option for your dental needs. At the same time, he or she will work with you to develop a treatment plan that will work for both your teeth and schedule.
- Preparing Your Teeth for the Procedure. In order to ensure that your teeth are prepared to receive dental veneers, you will need to ensure that you first remove the thin layer of enamel on top of them. Once you have done this, your dentist will ship your veneer to a laboratory where it will be created according to a blueprint of your teeth. In certain cases, patients waiting for their permanent veneer to be ready will be issued with a temporary one.
- The Bonding of the Veneer. Once your permanent veneer has been crafted, your dentist will use his or her exceptional visual skills to place your veneers on top of your teeth. At this stage, a bonding material will be used in order to glue your tooth to the veneer.
If you have been missing out on the smile you have always wanted for one reason or another, dental veneers may very well be an ideal solution for you. Speak to your dentist and evaluate your options. Contact a clinic like Accent Dental for more information.Share